About Web Admin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Web Admin has created 30 blog entries.

Shareholders’ Meetings. Shareholders’ First Meeting, AGM and EGM.

Shareholders' Meeting The meetings of a Singapore incorporated company can be divided into two sections. Shareholders' Meetings and Directors' Meetings. In this article, we will be touching on Shareholders' Meetings. The Shareholders are the owners of the company and thus have the right to decide certain on certain issues. In Singapore, certain meetings are mandatory [...]

2018-10-14T22:11:33+00:00October 15th, 2018|

Share Capital

Share Capital, otherwise known as equity financing, refers to the amount of money and property that a company has received in exchange for shares of the company. The shares can be either ordinary or preferred. Share Capital is listed in the balance sheet of the company as: 1) Common or preferred shares par value 2) [...]

2018-10-15T00:14:59+00:00October 15th, 2018|

Paid-Up Capital

Paid-Up Capital is the amount of money that a company has received in exchange for its shares. Paid-Up Capital is created when the company sells its share on the primary market, directly to investors. Paid Up-Capital comprises of two sections: 1) The par value of the shares issued 2) The additional Paid-Up Capital Each share [...]

2018-10-14T23:06:52+00:00October 14th, 2018|

First Board Resolution of a Private Limited Company in Singapore

The first board meeting should be held within the first month from the date of incorporation. At this meeting, the appointment of the first directors of the company will be confirmed. Other things to be resolved at this meeting will be the common seal (not compulsory), share certificates and statutory books. Any other matters related [...]

2018-10-14T16:38:22+00:00October 14th, 2018|

What are the differences between a board resolution, an ordinary resolution and a special resolution?

A resolution of a company is the formal decision of a company made by the board of directors or the shareholders. There are generally 3 types of resolutions that can be passed. Board Resolution Ordinary Resolution Special Resolution The resolution can be passed at a physical meeting or by written means. Since it can be [...]

2018-10-14T02:05:49+00:00October 14th, 2018|

How to increase the paid up capital of a company after incorporation?

For a variety of reasons, a company's paid-up capital may need to be increased. As the paid-up capital shows the financial strength of a company, there may be instances whereby a company may need to increase the paid-up capital before tendering for certain projects. Also, there may be investors who may inject money into the [...]

2018-10-12T15:50:47+00:00October 12th, 2018|

Can an EP holder be a director of a company?

Employment Pass (EP) holders are allowed to be directors of the company which their EP is tied to. An EP holder is only allowed to work for the employer specified on the EP. Thus, if the employer would like an EP holder from within the company to take on a directorship, he can do so. [...]

2018-10-12T12:20:39+00:00October 12th, 2018|

Nimbus Design: Interview with Soo and Chris

Tell us a little bit about your company Nimbus Design is a branding and design company, both online and offline. We also provide marketing. Our team has experience working in Singapore and USA.  Since our founding in 1999, we have established ourselves in F&B, retail, and heavy industry.     Tell us a little bit [...]

2018-08-08T13:05:35+00:00August 8th, 2018|

Filing Annual Returns for your company

It is mandated that every company in Singapore will have to file their annual returns with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Failure to do so will result in penalties. Here are some things you should know as a company owner about annual filing.   Firstly, you have to determine which category your company [...]

2018-10-12T11:24:51+00:00May 23rd, 2018|
WhatsApp chat